Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Are we still title contenders ?

Well..I'm back after a long break..had to mark students' assignments and went for courses and seminars; whilst watching LFC crumbled against Chelsea and "THE BEACH BALL" Sunderland. Frustrated not because we lost both games but the mannner we lost them was too much.. I dun mind the jeers and pokes made by my colleagues as we do that all the time to each others' team ..but the lacklustre perfomance shown by players were very worrying.

As I'm writing this,the thought of tonight's game against Lyon sends shivers through my spine.The French Champions are no pushovers and can never be taken for granted.Just hope for the best and how I wish we never have sold Alonso and Crouch (of all the players..why Crouch- well look at him now,scoring goals for fun !) and Crouch never seemed to upset you when needed.. There will only be ONE TORRES and without him,we look very vulnerable upfront. Who are we to depend on ? Ngog..?Voronin..? Babel..? ..and all of the sudden Nemeth seems to be a suitable replacement,but he lacks experience ; owh if only Benitez has given him enough exposure.But I think this is the time Nemeth should be given the trust to at least partner Babel/Voronin/Kuyt/Ngog as I see him as the only out-and-out striker for the time being.Play him Rafa and I think he'll pay your trust in no time.He seemed to interest so many parties in the U21 World Cup when Hungary came third in the competition ,scoring 3 goals in the process.This guy has pace,big mentality though I have to say that he's a bit impatient;but that drawback could be rectified and corrected by Benitez and the LFC Coaching staff.

Well..I hope that we will still ignite the Barclays Premier League and CL's fire in March next year (as they could be dead by Sunday with defeats against Lyon and MU).
Lets pray and hope for the best (and for Torres to recover soon too !)

No comments:

Post a Comment