Sunday, November 15, 2009

Now ..Mascherano on way out ?

We are now still feeling the pinch of losing Xabi Alonso to Real Madrid. Today,I read that Mascherano is going to leave LFC for Barcelona. I dun feel like commenting more.Just read this piece of news I collect from Daily Star today.

_______________________________________________________________________________
KOP TO BARCA: £36M MASCH
DAILY STAR SUNDAY
16th November 2009
By Steve Millar


LIVERPOOL will bank the biggest ever pay-day in their history when Javier Mascherano packs his Gucci bags for Barcelona in a staggering £36million mega deal.

It is reported that agents acting for the Spanish giants have agreed personal terms with Mascherano’s
representatives in readiness for the big- money move.

And Liverpool have told Barcelona in no uncertain terms just how much they say the Argentina star, 25, is worth after becoming resigned to losing Mascherano next summer.

Boss Rafa Benitez had already met his midfi eld maestro to begin talks on a new contract extension in line with all his major stars like Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres.

But it was clear from those early discussions that Mascherano, although committing himself to the Liverpool cause, clearly had his mind set on an exit after a summer of transfer speculation.

That point became abundantly clear when Mascherano announced publicly that he already had a Liverpool deal and wasn’t interested about talks on a fresh one.

He said then: “I’m not asking about a new contract. I have never asked for a new deal.

“I read reports about talks and that I was asking for one but I didn’t.

“I already have a contract with Liverpool and I try to give my best for the club. I don’t want to talk any more about a contract or Barcelona.”

Now the scene is set for Benitez to expect his historic windfall which will obviously offset the lost revenue if Liverpool crash out of the Champions League.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Any comment ?

2 comments:

  1. Fine, he can leave. I am not a fan of him though - bad tempered and always argue with referee. More reasons for Rafa to recruit new talented midfielders i.e. Joaquin Rodriguez (Valencia), Andrea Pirlo (AC Milan), Rafael Van Der Vaart (Real Madrid) or even the 20yo Croatian Milan Badelj (Dynamo Zagreb). Given time, Aquilani & Krygiakos will fit pretty well into the team. Lucas can stay on the bench.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucas seems to have settled down nicely there in the middle of the park... after watching his performance against Chelsea, I see that he has a lot to offer..only that he is not consistent.Hope Roy Hodgson will fogure this out and solve it quick..

    ReplyDelete